Thursday, January 29, 2009

Thank You For Your Interest, Young Man

A few weeks ago I was out on a trip to White River and my engineer was telling me about an all-white moose with two regular coloured moose that he saw on the side of the highway on his way to Timmins. Well on the cover of the Mid-North Monitor this week is a picture of the moose he was talking about! (What is the plural of 'moose' anyway?) In the picture is a beautiful albino mother moose and just one of her two normal-looking babies. :)

The last time Adam and I drove to Timmins a moose crossed the highway right in front of us, and sweet mother are they ever big!! I had never seen a father moose before and it was bigger than I ever thought was possible. There's something strangely fascinating about a moose. They're just these massive, oddly shaped, dark, quiet, accidentally deadly creatures. I love them.

I also really like elephants. I rode on one before. Their ears and trunk are very intriguing. I watched an elephant vasectomy on Daily Planet over the holidays and unlike other mammals, elephants' testes are located inside the body. You might think it sounds weird to sterilize an elephant, but it's a much better option than killing off whole herds of them to prevent overpopulation.

No comments:

Post a Comment